The Los Altos Senior Program is located at Hillview Community Center, 97 Hillview Ave. Hours are 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. weekdays.
The Grant Park Senior Program is located at 1575 Holt Ave. Hours are 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays.
For more information, call 947-2797 or visit losaltosrecreation.org.
The Los Altos Senior Program has scheduled an excursion to the San Francisco Flower & Garden Show in San Mateo 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. April 5. Participants can attend workshops and seminars and visit vendors and displays. Cost, which includes admission and transportation, is $23 for members, $28 for nonmembers. Lunch is not included. To register, call Hillview.
• Dr. Usha Welaratna will discuss minimizing memory loss and offer tips for getting the brain fit and focused 10-11:30 a.m. April 7 in Room 12 at Hillview.
• Police Chief Andy Galea is slated to appear noon April 19 at Grant Park.
April’s movie selection, “West Side Story,” will be screened 1 p.m. April 7 in Room 12 at Hillview. Admission is free for members, $1 for nonmembers. Popcorn is included.
The Book Club meets 1 p.m. April 12 at Hillview. The featured book is “The Life We Bury” by Allen Eskins. Copies of the book are available at the Los Altos main library.
The Matter of Balance class returns to Hillview 9:30-11:30 a.m. Wednesdays April 7 through May 26. Attendees will learn to view falls as controllable, set goals for increasing activity and make changes to reduce fall risks.
• Play bridge, mah-jongg and other card games at Grant Park 10 a.m. Mondays and Wednesdays.
• At Hillview, play poker noon Mondays, Scrabble 1:30 Mondays, pingpong 9 a.m. Tuesdays, bridge 9 a.m. Tuesdays and Wednesdays, mah-jongg 12:30 p.m. Wednesdays and 1 p.m. Thursdays, and pinochle noon Thursdays.
• Pickleball is scheduled 11 a.m. Wednesdays at Hillview and 6 p.m. Wednesdays at Egan Junior High. Admission is free for members, $3 for nonmembers.
• Grant Park offers Wednesday workouts: Stretch with Eleanor at 10:15 a.m., Chair Workout at 10:45 a.m. and Zumba at 12:45 p.m.
• Conversation on current events is scheduled 11 a.m. Monday and April 3, 10, 17 and 24 at Grant Park. The conversations focus on an honest exchange of fact and opinion on local, national and international events. All opinions are respected.
• Hillview hosts a Foreign Affairs class 10 a.m. Fridays (no class April 14).
The Senior Program is recruiting volunteers of all ages to serve at both locations. Opportunities include the Monkey Toy Ladies, flower/plant maintenance, the Friday lunch program at Hillview, Wednesday snacks at Grant Park, facility and event setup and breakdown, event monitoring and tracking, facility and equipment inventory and organizing, decorating, conducting tours, technology tutoring and trip escorts. To volunteer, call Hillview or visit losaltosca.gov/volunteer.
Annual Senior Program membership costs $26 for Los Altos residents, $40 for nonresidents. Add $6 for home delivery of The Spotlight, the center’s bimonthly newsletter.